Monday 27 June 2011

Regrets

Today The Over Weight Cyclist decided to go out on his bike again - after yesterday's 75 miler.

Why the hell am I talking in the third person????? It must be sun stroke.

OK, so I decided to go out on my bike again - after yesterdays 75 miler, and I immediately regretted it! My legs felt like my wife had secretly filled them with lead overnight (I'll be looking for the intravenous drip later) and my fuel tank was running on empty.

I just about managed to ride to the cafe at Fradley - the lure of the Breakfast Focaccia is strong. I arrived a sweating, disheveled wreck only to find that Mark - from the Athletes Foot Blog - had decided not to be an athlete and he'd driven there. Looking cool and composed as I sat there leaking salt. The Focaccia was stuffed into my mouth in record time, water by the litre was gulped down and a nice piece of Apple and Rhubarb Crumble was devoured. All very welcome but not aiding the weight loss one bit.

I chose to ride all the way home - despite the offer of riding to Whittington to meet my wife at her car - and, once again regretted it. Not quite so hot, but still muggy and windy - I forgot to mention the blasted (or should that read Blasting) wind - headwind on the way out which changed to a head wind for the return!

Did 33.87 miles at an average of 16.4mph.

Endomondo Workout

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment