Thursday 15 September 2011

Riding, Training, Idleness and Pro Riders!!!!!

Well, the big day is drawing near, the Tour Ride - Stoke On Trent,  and I'm no-where near fit! This month (and to a lesser extent last month) have been dire as far as the training and general riding have gone. The weather has been a factor but so has idleness.

I did the ride in my last Blog entry and then seemed to loose focus, the weather hasn't been overly brilliant, but it's not been that bad either (apart from the windy few days where the Tour of Britain stage was cancelled). I've just not had the motivation to get my backside off the chair and onto the saddle.

Today I went out for a ride with the neighbour, we did a decent ride for 30 miles then Jas had to peel off to get home. I carried on and did 64 miles with a reasonable speed and time, there was no wind today so it was my legs that did the work and not a tail wind which makes me happy. I'm just not fit for the Tour Ride next weekend and I'm not looking forward to it.

Here is the Endomondo workout for today.

The Tour of Britain came near to my home on Tuesday so I decided to head out and watch the sprint at Stone. Those blokes are so bloody fast - makes me feel quite inadequate. I thought I'd try to follow them part way then cut cross country and watch them again - not a chance, they flew the extra 2 or three miles and I grovelled up a big hill at Little Stoke. I missed them by a minute or so which was a shame.

Here is my Endomondo workout for Tuesday.

I feel like I've actually put weight on rather than lost it and I'm getting a little annoyed with myself. Time to sort my head out and get on the bike - even if the weather is shite!

Have fun and stay safe out there on these scary roads of ours.

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment