Wednesday 3 August 2011

Stress, Cycling & Mistake's

There's been a bit of stress, a lot of cycling and one expensive mistake so far this week.
Following on from the BG-Fit session on Friday I tried out the new position on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday's ride was a steady affair out to the cafe at Fradley Junction. Tracey was trying out her bike this day to see if she could ride with a sprained ankle. She did a short ride and I met her at the cafe.



Here is the Endomondo workout for that Saturday.

Sunday, Mark and I had arranged to go out and do a 75 mile ride - well, we went out on Satruday night for a beer and had one or two to many! Sunday arrived and we both felt the worse for wear - so we decided to reduce the distance by about 25 miles. I'd a route in mind, up around Uttoxeter and then to Tutbury...some nice hills on that route. It was a hard, hot day and Mark seems to have his hill climbing legs fitted and he pushed the pace up most hills, harder than my weary body was willing to push - it's been a hard month on the bike for me this July.

I seemed to get my legs back as the ride went on - High5 works wonders. We didn't bother to stop at a cafe and just rode non-stop. A good day.






Here is the Endomondo workout for Sunday.

I went to see my parents on Tuesday - I've not seen them for a few weeks as I've been on holiday. Both have been recently diagnosed with Dementia, mum just has short term memory loss, but dad is getting worse by the day it seems. It's really heart breaking to see this dignified, clever and loving man degenerate in the way that he is. I find it hard to see him without crying and I get a knot in my gut on the way over every time I visit. Their house used to be immaculate, now it's just about livable, dark and untidy. Tracey and I are doing our best to get over once or twice a week to shop for them and tidy the place but it's not always possible with our shifts.

Cycling is a huge stress reliever, I came home yesterday a wreck, I just kept exploding with rage at the smallest of things, like the computer not opening a program fast enough, real rage too. Stupid things. I had to get out and calm down before I Trace came home or I had a heart attack so later in the afternoon I hit the road for a short ride in the warm weather. It helped, it always does.

And that leads nicely into the mistake - The BG-Fit indicated that I'd be better with a shorter stem so I ordered a nice Ritchey WCS stem in matt black from Ribble Cycles. It arrived yesterday and I eagerly fitted it - then realised it was a 110mm.......that led to me checking my order on the web (the computer not opening a program fast enough) and more rage as I realised it was my fault and now was too late as the sodding thing was fitted. Oh well, the bike ride sorted that out.

Here is yesterdays Endomondo workout.

Today I went out again, still feeling stressed and unhappy so I decided to hammer myself. I went a hilly route, I need to do hilly routes and mark and I are supposed to be doing the Wiggle Tour of the Peak a week on Sunday and this is the last time I can get some hilly rides in.

Nice ride today and very warm. Wonderful means of de-stressing oneself.

Here is the Endomondo workout for today.

Not sure what I'll be doing tomorrow - looks like rain is forecast so I'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment