Wednesday 27 July 2011

Tired and Tubby - I Ride Again UK Style!

On Monday after I'd updated the blog I decided to head out for a bike ride. Strangely the weather in the UK was good, warm with light winds.

I hit the road and soon found out that I was tired, really tired. I got to about 10 miles and decided to head home, I even yawned! I couldn't get the heart rate up and speed was a thing of the past. I managed 23 miles.

Here is the Endomondo workout.

Tuesday I tried again - fully kitted out in my new Lichfield City Club kit I rode for 1/2 mile, felt dreadful and went home!

Today was a different matter, I seemed to have enough sleep, I ate well last night (and drank too much) and when I woke I felt fine.

I threw on the new Lichfield CCC kit and hit the road. I was able to get the heart rate up and the speed was there again so I decided to do a hilly ride up into the hills around Alton Towers. It's pretty lumpy up there and it's easy to find gradients of 20% or more. I settled with a max gradient of 21% near Hollington and that was enough for me, it had me frothing at the mouth and gasping for air like a stranded fish!

The descent to Lower Tean is great, not too long but pretty fast and I recorded 43.9mph on it. Then it was up Leigh Bank, a blinkin steep hill (only 15%) followed by an undulating ride home.

I enjoyed today, it felt good to be riding in club kit again after a 12 year break and the weather was fine, dry and warm. Hopefully I'll get a few more in over the next week or so.

Here is the Endomondo workout for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment