Thursday 13 October 2011

Bad Driving

Well, I'm on holiday and supposed to be enjoying myself. I was until yesterday. I've done a couple of rides while I've been here and enjoyed the first despite it raining on me. I went from our digs upto Loch Arkaig and then part way to Spean Bridge, short but hilly with stunning views over the Scottish mountains.

Yesterday I decided to head out on the bike to Glen Nevis, I've done some hiking and climbing in that area and wanted to head out there to look at the area again. The ride to the Glen was fine, even the little bit in Fort William and the ride up the Glen was stunning.

I turned and rode back to Fort Bill and diecided to head up the A82 to the Nevis Centre for a coffee and then up to Spean Bridge and back to the digs at Gairloch. Well, that was the intention. I got as far as the traffic island at the junction of the A82 and the Glen Nevis road and then, as I was going round the island I was hit by a car. I can't say more as police action is being taken against the driver. I can say that I ended up on the road, watching my front wheel flying off down the road. Back is hurt, hip is sore as is my ankle and left shoulder. My bike is worse off, the front forks are damaged to the point of being un-rideable  and the front wheel is kaput.

Had to order a new pair of wheels from Ribble at £563.00 and the replacement forks are £200.00. The bike needs a good inspection to see if it's damaged and I'm pissed off as the whole holiday has been ruined. I contacted the insurance of the driver and they said they'd call me back, surprise surprise, no call from them. I can see that they are going to be a pain to get my money back!

Now I have a few more days holiday, sitting in a bit of pain and not being able to do what I came here to do......what a shit.

Here is a link to Endomondo for the trip.

Time to see how things pan out with the insurance claim and the injuries. I see a forced spell off the bike.

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment