Sunday 23 October 2011

Lost Confidence & Motivation

Well, it's now been a week and a half since I was hit by a car while out cycling. I'm still feeling the effects of that and I've been off sick until today - my sick note runs out today.

The bike went back to the retailer for them to check it over and they've recommended that I write the bike off completely. They say that they can't certify is as being safe to ride as it was involved in a collision with a car and  there might be internal damage that isn't showing on the outside. I'm really cheesed off at that but at least I still have a good quality second bike to ride. The only big issue with the bike is that the Addict is no longer widely available and the bike shop have quoted me £2799 for a new Scott Foil 20, the closest in colour and performace to the Addict R3 (including my upgrades). Now I need to see if the other parties insurance will pay for that PLUS my Fulcrum R1's......they have admitted full liability but I foresee a struggle!

As for riding the Spesh - Well, been feeling a bit to sore upto now, bad back neck and stomach muscles along with a swollen ankle. But I need to try - problem is, I've lost confidence! It would appear that this crash has taken more from my mind than it has from my body in terms of after effects. I've no motivation to get back in the saddle and my mind just makes me cry off every time I think about it.

I think I need to get up tomorrow, and go and do a nice slow, easy and gentle 30 miles to see if I can ride the bike yet. I'm putting the pounds back on every day and I'm starting to get really down.

I'll report back tomorrow.

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment